For the fritters
1 large broccoli (about 400g) stalks and florets
2 spring onions,
sliced 2 garlic cloves
60g ground almonds
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
½ red chilli,
finely chopped 2 eggs,
beaten 5 basil leaves, roughly chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
juice and zest of 1
100ml quark or low fat crème fraîche
2 tbsps chopped parsley
- To prepare the fritters, place the broccoli, spring onions and garlic into a food processor and blend until just textured.
- Place into a bowl, add the ground almonds, ground cumin and coriander and chilli.
- Stir in the eggs and basil leaves until a stiff batter forms. Season with a little coarsely ground black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, spray with a little olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the frying pan and leave to cook for 1 to 2 minutes before turning over and cooking on the other side until golden. Keep warm until all have been cooked.
- To prepare the sauce, put the lime juice and zest, quark and parsley in a bowl. Stir well. To serve, tower up 3 fritters and serve with a little lime dressing and salad.