Serves 2 - (Each serving contains approx 410 kcal)
- 200g pork tenderloin (well trimmed)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ chicken stock cube (reduced salt)
- 120ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp orange marmalade (15g)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (5g – or use one such as thyme or rosemary)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (15g)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160C / 325F / gas mark 3. Cut the pork loin into 2.5cm cubes and put in a casserole dish with a lid (or if you don’t have one use a small roasting tin lined with parchment paper and tin foil for the lid). Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the boiling water.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, marmalade and herbs to the pork, stirring to combine. Season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the onion in half and peel off the skin, then roughly chop. Cut the peppers in half and remove and discard the core and seeds, then cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- Cut the baby potatoes into quarters. Add all the vegetables to the casserole dish, stirring to combine and cover with a lid. Place in the oven for 1 hour or until the pork and vegetables are completely tender.
- Divide among bowls and scatter over the parsley to serve.
Once made this recipe it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week and reheated in the microwave or gently in a saucepan as needed. Bring a fork if transporting. It can also be made very successfully in a slow cooker – simply follow the instructions above and cook on low for 4 hours.