A warming and delicious chicken, bacon and leek pie for those chilly winter nights.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 150g chopped smoked bacon
- 1/2 whole leek
- 300ml chicken stock
- 250g creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- black pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Egg wash
- Place your frying pan over medium heat and put in some oil. Add the chopped chicken and cook until it begins to take colour, add the chopped bacon and continue to cook.
- Add the chopped leeks and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- To this add the chicken stock, pinch of black pepper, flour, creme fraiche, mustard and thyme, stir through.
- Carefully pour the contents of the pan into a deep baking/pie dish.
- Taking the sheet of puff pastry, measure it to fit on top of the dish allowing extra as the pastry will shrink during cooking.
- Egg-wash the top of the pastry and place in a preheated oven set at 180°C Fan (200°C/ 400°F/ Gas 6) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the sauce can be seen bubbling around the edges.
- Serve with a bowl of dressed salad leaves.