Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 40 -45 mins
- 85g softened unsalted butter
- 120g self raising flour - sifted
- 30g oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 85g natural sugar substitute such as stevia or xylitol
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder - sifted
- 2 large free range eggs
- 3 tbspn skimmed milk
- 1 apple, diced
- 25g roughly chopped nuts - pecans usually work best for this recipe
- Pinch salt
- Frozen yoghurt or, if I had my way, some whipped cream to finish
- Heat oven to 160oC and lightly grease a 20 x 16cm pie or cake dish. Place the butter and sugar substitute into a mixing bowl with the flour, salt, oats, cinnamon, allspice, and baking powder.
- Break in the eggs, add the milk, then beat with the whisk until it is all evenly mixed and smooth, if you don’t have a mixer just use an electric handheld one.
- Fold in the diced apple, then place into the greased dish, flatten out the batter by tapping on the countertop. Place the nuts on the top and lightly press them in, making sure they are still sticking out.
- Place into the centre of your preheated oven and bake for 40 - 45 mins until nicely risen and golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool
- Serve with frozen yoghurt or just treat yourself and serve with some lightly whipped cream 😉