Serve with rice, mash or boiled potatoes.
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 1 pkt Irish pork loin steaks
- 1 pkt of sliced chorizo (100g from a twin pack)
- 2 tins of butterbeans, drained (240g each )
- 3 cloves of garlic (16g) peeled and finely chopped.
- 15 leaves of fresh sage ,or some dried oregano.
- 4 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 tsp of paprika.
- 350 mls of chicken stock, made with 1 chicken stock cube.
- A splash of Rosso vinegar,
- A good pinch of sugar (15g)
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut the chorizo slices in half down the middle then separate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, when it's gently smoking add the pork to the pan, season and cook for 4 minutes before turning. (You may have to do this in 2 batches if you don't have a large frying pan.)
- Turn down the heat a little then add the garlic, butterbeans, and chorizo,
- add the paprika, sage, vinegar,sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the stock, stir a little then cover with a lid then simmer gently for 6 minutes more.
- Check for seasoning then serve.