- 400g minced turkey meat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- 600ml stock (Chicken or veg)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100g chorizo sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 diced celery sticks
- 250g butter beans
- 200g garden peas
- Chopped parsley
- In a frying pan, add the chorizo, diced onion and garlic and cook over a low heat until the onions are soft. You don't need to add oil as the oil in the chorizo will come out once heated.
- In a medium bowl add the turkey meat, cayenne, cumin, salt, pepper and chopped parsley, mix and roll into 12 balls, keep chilled until needed. Make sure to wash your hands and equiptment well after handling raw turkey.
- In a round roasting pot, add the cooked onions, garlic, chorizo, carrot, celery and the washed and drained butter beans.
- Mix the tomato puree with the stock and pour this over all the veg and mix.
- Add the meat balls and gently mix.
- Put a lid on top and place in a preheated oven set at 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas 6 and cook for 1 hour.
- Once ready, carefully remove from the oven and stir through the peas and chopped parsley, check for seasoning and serve.