This is a simple and refreshing salad which is perfect when something light and savoury is required.
It is the type of salad I will serve alongside a rich chicken or turkey pie. The amount of cheese is scant so as not to make the salad too heavy and rich. Ensure that the cheese is lovely and ripe.
Serves 4 – 6
- 12 -16 radicchio leaves
- 1 large handful of rocket leaves
- 50 – 75g blue cheese such as Cashel Blue or Young Buck
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Wash and dry the salad leaves and keep chilled until ready to serve. Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Place the salad leaves in a large bowl and toss in the well-mixed dressing. Decant the leaves onto your serving plates or bowl and shave on the blue cheese. Serve immediately.