This is the recipe that gave me the idea for Meals in Minutes - it's the perfect example of a dinner for which the ingredients can be bunged into a shopping basket on the way home from work. Its key cheat ingredients are garlic butter, shop-bought hummus and a couscous salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g garlic butter*
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 125 g red pepper hummus (about 1/2 tub)*
- 200-250 g tub fresh couscous salad*
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt ans black pepper
- First butterfly the chicken breasts: put each one on a chopping board and with the flat of your hand on top, use a sharp knife to slice into the thick side of the breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open out the breast and season well on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic butter in a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes, then turn over, add the lemon zest and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread a dollop of the hummus onto 2 plates. Mix the couscous salad with the parsley and a good squeeze of lemon in a bowl and spoon it on top of the hummus. Slice the chicken thinly and pile on top of the couscous.
- Squeeze over a little more lemon juice, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.