Chilli Peanut Butter Noodles, perfect for lunchboxes or as a dinner.
- 400 g fresh udon noodles
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic clove, peeled
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Make sure you have a large saucepan of water up to boiling point.
- Add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sliced chillies in a large pan, grate in the garlic and ginger. Place over a medium heat and whisk together until smooth. Loosen the mixture with a little water, adding a tablespoon at a time until you have a sauce that is thick but loose enough to fall off the back of a spoon.
- Drain the noodles and add the peanut butter sauce and toss through to coat the noodles. Garnish with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds and serve straight away.