Honey Glazed Ham, Parsley Sauce, Buttery Mash and Baby Carrots
For the ham
- 3 kilo boneless ham (6-8 people)
- 4 desert spoons of Irish honey.
- 4 desert spoons of Irish brown sugar
- 24 cloves approx..
- 3 teaspoons of ham glaze
For the parsley sauce
- ¾ litre milk
- 6 spoons of corn flour
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Allow ham to soak in cold water for approx 2-3 hrs.
- Place in pot and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and allow simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and allow to cool….1/2 hr approx..
- Remove ¼ inch of excess fat.
- Score ham with sharp knife.
- Place in oven for 2 hrs at 230 deg.
- Remove and allow to cool for approx 10 min.
- Place brown sugar on ham, then place the honey and ham glaze.
- Return ham to oven and cook for approx. 30 – 45 min at 240 deg.
- Remove and allow to settle for approx 20 min.
- Place on large plate for serving.
For the sauce
- Bring milk to slow boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Corn Flour, stirring slowly.
- Remove from heat until sauce thickens.
- Replace on reduced heat for 3 min approx.
- Remove from heat, add chopped parsley and season to taste.
- Place in sauce boat for serving.
For the potatoes
- Wash and peel 2 kg potatoes.
- Bring to boil in salted water.
- Allow simmer until cooked (approx 20 - 30 min).
- Drain potatoes.
- Add large knob of butter and milk until nice consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Place in serving dish.
For buttered baby carrots
- Wash 2 ½ kilo of fresh Irish baby carrots, cut off tops and tails.
- Cut in chunky Julienne style.
- Place in pot of salted water. Allow cook on medium heat for approx 30min (al dente).
- Remove from stove and drain water.
- Return pot too stove and add knob of butter. Remove from stove when the butter is melted.
- Add parsley, season to taste, add the vegetables and serve.