This One Pot Harissa Roast Chicken dish will keep the whole family happy.
- 2 onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 large free range chicken, 1.5-2kg
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry or rice wine vinegar
- 250ml water or stock
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Quarter the onion. Peel and roughly chop the carrots and sweet potatoes into chunks.
- Place the vegetables into the bottom of a large casserole or heavy based pot.
- Place the chicken on top. Mix the harissa paste with the olive oil and spread it over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinegar and water over the vegetables. Place a lid on the pot and cook in the preheated oven for an hour.
- Remove the lid and baste the chicken with the juices. Add the cherry tomatoes around the chicken.
- Leave the lid off and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked through before scattering generously with the chopped coriander.
- Serve with steamed couscous.