Paul McDonald's Poachy Bakey Chicken Supreme with Bacon and Mushroom Cassoulet.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 20g oil
- 100 peeled and sliced onion
- 15g smoked garlic micro planed
- 100 mushrooms quartered
- 100g chopped smokd streaky bacon
- 5 g picked flat parsley
- 20g picked chopped kale
- 1/2 tin white beans(110g after rinse)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 150g water
- 1/2 chicken stock jelly
- 100g salted butter
- Heat the oil in a pan large enough to hold the 2 chicken breast while still leaving room for more ingredients.
- Season the chicken with salt.
- Seal off the chicken in the hot oil, getting a nice golden colour on the skin. Once golden, remove the chicken from the pan and discard any excess oil.
- Now with the pan still hot, add the bacon and allow sweat for 1 minute. Then, add the onions and garlic and allow to sweat for 1 minute.
- Next, add the mushrooms and allow sweat for 1 minute. At this stage, you can add the drained and washed beans and the stock jelly.
- When this mix comes to the boil add the sealed chicken burying it a little while still leaving the skin exposed.
- Place the whole pan in the pre-heated oven at 180oc for 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Once more remove the chicken from the pan and place the pan back on the stove, add the butter and allow to boil until you have a nice thick sauce coating the beans, add the kale and parsley followed by the chicken.
- Serve in a heated bowl.