Catherine's Mini Pavlovas with a Passion Fruit Curd.
- To prepare the pavlovas, preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas 1, whisk the egg whites until glossy, adding the sugar, spoonfuls at a time at maximum speed until thick and glossy.
- Mix the vinegar and cornflour together and fold into the meringue mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a nozzle. Pipe small pavlova shapes (8cm or 3 inches), leaving a slight indent on top for the cream and fruit to sit.
- Bake for 50 minutes, switch off the oven and leave overnight to set.
- To make a quick curd, place the sugar, butter, eggs and passion-fruit pulp in a heavy-based saucepan and simmer over a moderately low heat, whisking until it is thick enough to hold a trail from the whisk. This will take about 10 minutes. You need to be whisking most of the time.
- To assemble, arrange the pavlovas on a cake stand or pretty plate, fold the cream into the curd and spoon some onto each pavlova. Arrange the kiwi fruits, grapes, raspberries on top.
- Spoon over the passion fruit and decorate with mint leaves.