A delicious dish whipped up in minutes.
HANDS ON TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- 200g feta cheese
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra if needed
- Good squeeze of lemon juice, plus extra if needed
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- 250g packet of ready-cooked mixed grains (faro, pearl barely and spelt are all good)
- 200g spring greens
- Small bag of baby kale, thinly sliced
- Good handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50g toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add pumpkin seeds to a warm pan to toast, checking regularly.
- Put the slab of feta in a shallow dish, chop the dill and parsley and add half to the mixed grains and half to the feta along with the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and chilli flakes and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the spring greens and add to a hot pan with a touch of olive oil, cooking until charred. Massage the baby kale with a pinch of salt and pepper, a good squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil, and add to the grain mix. Thinly slice the spring onions and add them as well. Scatter with the pumpkin seeds and season well.
- To serve, spoon the grain mixture over the cabbage and place roughly broken pieces of marinated feta over the top. Finish with an extra glug of extra-virgin olive oil or lemon juice