This dish is comfort food in an instant! Fresh gnocchi is a great ingredient to make use of and freezes quite well if you fancy stocking up.
HANDS-ON TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- Ovenproof dish
- ● 500g fresh gnocchi*
- ● 3 tbsp olive oil
- ● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ● Good pinch of chilli flakes
- ● 400ml tomato passata
- ● 250g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- ● 120g grated mozzarella Sea salt and black pepper
* cheat’s ingredient
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi for 2–3 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Drain and toss in a bowl with a tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the now empty saucepan and gently fry the garlic and chilli flakes. Add the tomato passata and spinach and heat through, seasoning to taste well with salt and pepper.
- Add the gnocchi to the saucepan, mix into the sauce and then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Scatter with the grated mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and is bubbling.
This dish is comfort food in an instant! Fresh gnocchi is a great ingredient to make use of and freezes quite well if you fancy stocking up. Ready-grated mozzarella is a handy fridge standby ingredient – perfect for scattering over bakes like this.