Neven's Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rustic Mixed Potatoes
- 125g Buffalo Mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 4 Fed Chicken Breast Fillets
- 8 Sun-Dried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8-10 slices Parma Ham or smoked streaky bacon rashers, rinds removed
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- French Green Beans, to serve
Rustic mixed potatoes:
- 450g Potatoes, scrubbed
- 225g Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Fresh Rosemary Sprig, broken into tiny sprigs
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas Mark 6).
- Mix together the mozzarella, pesto and sundried tomatoes.
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast and then stuff with the pesto - covered cheese. Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 slices of parma ham, not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the rustic mixed potatoes, cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into 5mm (¼in) slices - a Japanese mandolin is perfect for doing this - and arrange in a single layer on a large roasting tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add the rosemary & vegetable stock and season with salt. Drizzle over the oil and toss until evenly coated.
- Nestle the pesto-stuffed chicken breasts in the potatoes and roast for 20 - 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the oven in that time for a final crisp-up, if required.
- To serve, arrange the pesto-stuffed chicken breasts on warmed serving plates with steamed French green beans and the rustic mixed potatoes.