This Halloween smoothie is creamy, cool and citrusy. A perfect breakfast or snack for all those Halloween trick or treat-ers.
- 1 frozen banana
- 250 mls orange juice
- 250g pot of vanilla yogurt / orange yogurt
- 1 tsp orange blossom / zest half orange
- 2 tsp vanilla
- drop of yellow and orange food colouring
- Optional: 1 orange peeled and chopped up
- Food Processor / liquidizer
- Chopping board
- Measuring cups
How to Do It
- Freeze the banana for a few hours before you need it.
- Weigh out the ingredients and pop them in the blender.
- Blitz, pour and serve.
- The frozen banana is the genius part of this recipe. It adds a brilliant creamy texture to the smoothie without having an overpowering taste of banana. The combination of vanilla and orange is reminiscent of the iconic ice pop the ‘Super Split’.
- To really amp up the flavour the orange zest or orange blossom are great in this Halloween smoothie.
- The only thing you will need is some food colouring to really boost the flavour and have it looking that vibrant spooky orange colour.
- This smooth, creamy, orange smoothie is an unusual twist on a smoothie but one the kids will love.