Donal's Sticky Maple Apple Pork with Tenderstem Broccoli will keep your dinner guests happy.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, bashed to a 5mm thickness
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful of coriander leaves
- Start by placing your pan over a very high heat, once it is hot you’re ready to start.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Pat the pork chops dry with a little kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Add the chops to the pan and brown on both sides. While the pork chops are browning slice the onion.
- When the meat has a good colour, add the onion and tender-stem and fry for about 30 seconds. Then pour in the vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, apple juice and mustard and heat until the sauce is bubbling. Baste the meat well as you go.
- Reduce the sauce over a medium heat for a minute or two until slightly thickened
- Toss the pork in the sauce with half the coriander, scatter with the remaining coriander leaves and serve.
SAT FAT: 11g