Sticky chicken and a vibrant, fresh, tasty salad - sounds like my kind of dinner!
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 chicken legs
For the marinade
- 1 tsp soft dark brown sugar 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
For the salad
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of coriander, leaves picked
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl and add the chicken legs, turning to coat them.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Put the chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 40–45 minutes until cooked through and sticky.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and honey together in a large bowl before adding all the remaining salad ingredients tossing to coat everything completely.
- Serve with the sticky spiced chicken.
Sticky chicken and a vibrant, fresh, tasty salad – sounds like my kind of dinner!
You can use chicken thighs instead of legs and the marinade also works wonderfully with a whole chicken – you could even brush it onto steaks or tofu.
For the simple salad, the coriander leaves are treated as the salad leaf alongside pepper and spring onions, making a deliciously different accompaniment.
SAT FAT: 4g