Paul Flynn's grilled plaice with roasted garlic and parsley butter from Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 4 pieces of skinned plaice fillet ( 100g each)
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- A drizzle of melted butter.
- Salt and pepper.
For the sauce
- 6 lg cloves of garlic, very thinly sliced.
- 100g of butter, diced.
- 50 mls olive oil.
- A good pinch of flat parsley finely shredded.
- A few baby plum tomatoes, halved.
- A squeeze of lemon.
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil slowly over a gentle heat. When evenly golden brown add the butter and remove from the heat.
- Add the tomatoes to soften, when cool add the lemon juice and parsley.
- Next, set aside until the fish is ready.
- Turn your grill on to high,
- Place the plaice on a lightly buttered grill tray.
- Brush your fish evenly and liberally with the creme fraiche then drizzle over the melted butter.
- Put under the grill for 6-7 mins until cooked, this depends on the thickness of the fish.
- Warm your butter for 30 seconds. Serve the fish on heated bowls and spoon the sauce over the top.
Paul's top tip:
I like to eat this with boiled potatoes and some green veg, tomatoes, or salad, depending on the weather outside.