Wade Murphy's Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa.
Serves: Approx 4
Prep time: Including marinating - 2 hours
For the Shrimp:
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- 650g large IQF shrimp, peeled and de-veined
For the Salsa:
- 1/2 red onion - chopped1 red chilli - de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tomato - deseeded and chopped
- 1 avocado - cut into even sized chunks
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 30g coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 250g sour cream
- 1 handful of coriander leaves garnish
To make the Salsa:
- Put the red onion, chili and garlic in a bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice and coriander and stir to combine.
- Set aside.
To make the Shrimp:
- Heat your bbq to a medium heat. Meanwhile, mix the rapeseed oil, chilli powder, salt, cayenne pepper, lime zest and shrimp in a large bowl.
- Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with seasoning. If you can, leave for at least 1 hour in the fridge to marinate.
- Using a piece of paper towel dipped in vegetable oil give your bbq a light rub just to grease it. Place the marinated shrimp on bbq and cook until just cooked, about 1 and a half minutes per side.
- Remove and cover to keep warm. Throw the tortillas on the bbq for about 20 seconds per side until warm and slightly charred.
- Serve family style with the avocado salsa in a bowl, warm tortillas, the grilled shrimps, sour cream, lime wedges and coriander leaves.
- Allow everyone to then build their own tacos. Happy barbecuing!