On the final episode of Grow Cook Eat, Chef Jessica Murphy cooks up a batch of Roasted Pea Soup and some tasty Pea Dip.
Roasted Pea Soup
Total Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 250g fresh peas, shelled (or frozen green peas)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 leeks, white and light green parts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 100ml dry white wine
- 500 ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
Total Cook Time: 5 Mins
- 545g frozen petit pois peas
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- Coarse salt and pepper
Roasted Pea Soup
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. If using fresh peas, add to a pot of salted boiling water and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until tender, and then drain.
- Toss peas with 1 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in a single layer over a large baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tarragon, and thyme; season with salt and pepper; and cook 2 minutes more. Pour in the wine and cook until it's almost completely reduced.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, stir in the peas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the soup. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Cook peas in salted boiling water until tender, 1 minute. Transfer to an ice-water bath; drain.
- Pulse peas in a food processor with mint, lemon zest and juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and tahini.
- Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.