Warm nourishing and low in calories
- 195 kcals per portion
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel peeled and finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g tin butter beans
- 450g cod or hake
- 150g frozen (defrosted) or raw prawns
- 250 g baby spinach, shredded
- Fresh parsley leaves to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the finely slice the onion, fennel and garlic to the pan.
- Fry gently, covered, for 10 minutes or until softened, then stir through the smoked paprika.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans and skin the fish and cut into large chunks. Turn down the heat and add the beans and fish to the pan.
- Simmer for 4 minutes or until the fish is almost cooked through, then add the prawns and spinach and cook until the prawns turn pink and the spinach is wilted.
- Taste and season, then ladle into bowls, scatter with parsley leaves and serve.