I love hummus and I look for any excuse to pair it with anything. I'm taking the meatballs out of the usual tomato sauce and serving them in a lighter way as a salad but with roasted cherry tomatoes in a hot and spicy garlic dressing. To bulk it up a little you could serve this with some little roast potatoes if you like.
- 1 packetIrish beef meatballs.
- 2 tubs Houmous (2x200g)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes stalks removed (250g)
- 3 roasted red peppers (270g) torn apart a little.
- 1 clove of solo garlic (18g) peeled and finely sliced.
- 1 packet little gem lettuce (220g) trimmed and washed.
- A tbsp of olive oil.
- A splash of Rosso vinegar.
- A little fresh mint if available...
- Salt and pepper.
- A pinch of hot chilli powder.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the meatballs.
- Cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat, meanwhile divide your hummus between four plates and top with the little gems and torn peppers.
- When the meatballs are evenly coloured - add the garlic, tomatoes, chilli powder, salt and pepper (and the marjoram if you have no mint).
- After 2 minutes or so the garlic will have coloured and the tomatoes will have started to pop,
- Splash over the Rosso vinegar then divide everything between your plates along with a scattering of mint leaves and serve.