Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin from Operation Transformation.
- 500g pork tenderloin (250g for this recipe & 250g for tomorrow's dish)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 500g potatoes, peeled [250g for this recipe & 250g for tomorrow's dish)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small turnip, chopped
- 120ml orange juice
- 60ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4
- Add potatoes to large pot with cold water and bring to boil
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes approximately until potatoes are soft, drain potatoes
- To make the marinade combine orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce and crushed garlic in a bowl
- Add pork tenderloin to the marinade and coat well
- Place pork and marinade in oven dish and place in oven
- Cook pork for one hour approximately
- Add chopped vegetables to pot with water, bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer until soft for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp butter to boiled potatoes and mash
- Drain water from the vegetables and mash together
- Take pork out of the oven and carve up half, leaving the other half for tomorrow's dish. Serve with half the mashed potatoes and mashed vegetables
Note: Refrigerate leftover pork and mash for tomorrow.