A healthy lunchtime recipe from Niamh Kavanagh. Chicken and Mushroom quiches accompanied by roasted potatoes (roasted with lemon olive oil and rosemary and rock salt) and green veg.
Time 30 minutes
- 2 roast chicken breasts
- ¼ cup of chopped scallions
- ½ cup diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C degrees.
2. Coat a non-stick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
3. Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk in a bowl and then divide evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
4. Tear the Roast Chicken; add it to a bowl along with diced mushrooms, scallions, and cheese. Mix all the ingredients together.
5. Sprinkle in a heaped tablespoon of the chicken mixture into each cup.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until tops are just beginning to brown.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before flipping the quiches out of the tray.
8. Serve hot or cold
Recipe courtesy of Greene Farm