Mags Roche of Hugos makes a warm duck salad on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- Confit Duck Leg
For the Dressing
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 red chilli
- 1/2 teas of seasame oil
- 3 sprigs Corriander leaves.
For the Salad:
- 1 sweet potato cut into wedges
- Small bunch kale
- Crispy onions
- Spring onion
- 1 mango
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- Handful beansprouts
- Leaves of chicory or raddichio leaves.
Confit Duck Leg
- Salt duck leg for one hour and leave in the fridge.
- Wash off salt
- Bring duck fat to the boil,
- Pour the fat over duck leg and cook at 120 in the oven for 3 hours. Or until meat falls off the bone.
- Drain off and crisp skin under the grill.
- Pick the meat off the bone And set aside.
For the Dressing:
- Whisk ingredients together and leave to one side.
For the sweet potato wedges:
- Blanch in salted water for 4mins.
- Drain and dry.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, chilli powder, 5 spice and olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 for extra crispy wedges.
For the salad:
- Roughly chop all your vegetables and place into a bowl.
- Place your picked duck meat on top
- Pour over your dressing.
- Mix all altogether and serve on top of your crispy sweet potato wedges.
- Serve immediately.