Tune into Donal's Christmas Meals in Minutes on Thursday, 21st of December at 7:00pm on RTÉ One.
Total Prep Time: 15 Mins
- 1 large pomegranate
- 500g brussels sprouts, roots and outer leaves trimmed
- 75g skinless roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g pecorino cheese, shaved
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a jam jar with a screw-top lid, place the vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey and oil, shake to amalgamate.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and, holding one half cut side down over a bowl, bash with the back of a wooden spoon to release the seeds, repeat with the other half.
- Using the food processor with a slicing attachment, slice the sprouts finely. Place in a large mixing bowl with the pomegranate seeds, half the hazelnuts, and half the pecorino.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat. Turn out onto a serving platter and sprinkle over remaining nuts and cheese before serving.