Tune into Donal's Christmas Meals in Minutes on Thursday, 21st of December at 7:00pm on RTÉ One.
Total Cook Time: 35-40 Mins
- 4 turkey breast steaks
- 8 x slices of prosciutto
- 100g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g sourdough made into breadcrumbs
- 45g unsalted pistachios
- zest of ½ orange
- 1 tsp celery salt
- small handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 400ml chicken or turkey stock
- 25g butter
- 1 onion peeled and finely sliced
- 250g mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 75 ml white wine
- 125 ml single cream
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- a small handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Heat the stock in a small pot to boiling add the dried mushrooms and soak for around 20 minutes.
- To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook until softened. Put aside to cool in a large bowl. When cool add the rest of the stuffing ingredients and mix thoroughly, season to taste.
- Flatten each turkey steak by placing between sheets of parchment and bashing lightly with a rolling pin.
- Place two slices of prosciutto overlapping on a board, lay a turkey steak on them, make small sausage shapes out of the stuffing and place in centre of each steak. Roll up so that the prosciutto wraps around the turkey to form a secure roll. Repeat with remaining steaks.
- Heat the oil till hot in an oven-proof frying pan. Fry the turkey breasts until golden all over, put in the oven to cook for a further 15 minutes until the prosciutto is crispy and the turkey is cooked through.
- In another frying pan heat the butter till melted over a medium heat, saute the onion and mushrooms until tender and golden, add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the soaked mushrooms the liquid and the wine, bring to the boil and reduce for 2 minutes until thickened, remove the pan from the heat and stir through the cream. Season to taste.
- Serve the turkey breasts with the sauce, garnish with parsley.