It is day 12 of December which means we are on a delicious countdown to Christmas! Every day this month, we will share some of our most Christmassy and festive recipes such as tasty Cheesecake in a Glass from Wade Murphy - perfect for a festive party.
Cooking & Prep time (including setting time): approx 2.5 hours
Makes: approx 12 Shot glasses
For the Cheesecake:
- 100g Hobnob originals (or similar biscuit), crushed finely
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 200ml sour cream
- 175g good quality white chocolate
- 3 tbsp mixed berry compote plus extra decoration
For the Mixed Berry Compote:
- knob of butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g frozen blackberries - defrosted
- 300g frozen blueberries - defrosted
- Melt the butter over a low heat. Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract, then cook until the sugar melts. Toss in the blackberries and blueberries.
- Give them a good stir around & then cook on a low to medium heat until the fruit starts to soften and the liquid thickens. Once the right consistency is reached, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the biscuits with the melted butter, place heaped teaspoons into the base of shot glasses. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Using an electric whisk, mix the cream cheese and sugar together then mix in the sour cream. Whisk in the melted chocolate and then stir through the mixed berry compote, to give a nice ripple effect.
- Using a large plain nozzle in a piping bag, pipe the mixture onto the biscuits in the glasses, you could also spoon into the glasses if you don’t have a piping bag, but do be careful not to make a mess of your glasses.
- Top with a little more of the berries and chill for at least 2 hours. As a garnish grate some white chocolate over the top and a little more of the biscuit base.
- Serve with teaspoons and make sure they are able to fit right down to the bottom of the glasses.
- Serve to your guests and watch as they take more than one!