It is day 4 of December which means we are well on our way to a delicious Christmas! Every day this month, we will share some of our most Christmassy and festive recipes such as Neven's Turkey Satay with Vegetables and Noodles from Neven's Christmas Menu.
- 275g (10oz) fine egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 225g (8oz) fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 175g (6oz) baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g (14oz) can coconut milk
- 350g (12oz) leftover cooked turkey meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g (4oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- 50g (2oz) cashew nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the fine egg noodles in a pan of boiling water and cook for 3–4 minutes, until tender, or according to the packet instructions.
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and swirl it around the edges, then tip in the red pepper, green beans, baby corn and garlic and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, sprinkling over 1 tablespoon of water if the mixture is getting too dry.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the coconut milk, turkey, peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli sauce, sugar and lime juice.
- Stir-fry for another 2–3 minutes, until all the ingredients are piping hot.