Paul Flynn's Soy makes his steamed cod with crisp gingered vegetables on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 4 portions of cod fillet, approx 160g each
- 1 pkt mange tout
- 1 pkt oyster mushrooms, torn into thick strips
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin chips( its really important these are cut thinly as it will effect overall cooking time)
- 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Brush a roasting tray with a tiny bit of olive oil and place the fish on top.
- Season and sprinkle some of the garlic and ginger on top
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the fish and pour the water around.
- Cover with tinfoil and seal really tightly around the edges
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg
- When heated place the fish in the oven for 5 mins
- Heat a wok with the remaining olive oil, when it starts to smoke add the ginger followed by the garlic.
- Straight away, add the sweet potato. At this point add a splash of water just to help the sweet potato cook, after 3 minutes add the mange tout and mushrooms along with another splash of water
- Keep turning the vegetables for another 2 minutes finally season. The sweet potatoes should still be a little crisp but not mushy.
- Divide the vegetables between 4 plates, place the fish on top and drizzle over the juices.