Serving this gorgeous Spanish chicken in little terracotta pots will please a hungry crowd with minimum of fuss.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 chicken fillets cut into 3 pieces each
- 4 cloves of garlic,crushed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- 400g can chopped tinned tomatoes and roughly a third of the can filled with water and added if needed
- 600g Baby Potatoes, chopped in half or quartered
- 150ml dry white wine (or sometimes I used a really good splash of Ouzo or Pernod instead, for special occasions)
- 1 tbsp. good quality 'Hot' smoked Paprika
- 75g good quality chorizo
- A handful of pitted black olives
- Salt & black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and fry the chorizo over a high heat until golden and just starting to let the juices out, remove from the pan, add the chicken and fry until golden.
- Add the potatoes peppers, onions and garlic and fry until nicely browned and slightly softened and return the chorizo to the pan too.
- Stir in the wine and let it reduce down a little, then add the tomatoes, smoked paprika,salt and pepper and a little pinch of sugar if needed.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender then add the olives, sprinkle with some chopped fresh parsley and serve in little terracotta pots.