Pumpkin season is upon us and in the run-up to Halloween, this is the perfect meal to curl up on the couch with!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups of pumpkin, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
- 150ml water
- Olive oil
- Heat a large wok or pan with the olive oil and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes a side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil to the wok/pan and add the spices, cook gently for 2 minutes before adding the shallots, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, add the pumpkin and peppers, stir until it is covered in the spice mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin has started to soften add the tomatoes and the water. Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
- After the mixture has had time to simmer, add in the chicken and the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken in fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy! Happy Halloween!