Eunice Power's Smokies from Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 500g Smoked Haddock
- 200g spinach, shredded
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400ml milk
- 200ml cream
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- Season with salt and pepper
- 50 g grated cheddar
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C
- Place the haddock, milk and cream in a wide-based saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Take the Haddock out of the saucepan with a slotted spoon and pour the liquid into a jug.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes and gradually stir in the cooking liquid (milk and cream) stir constantly to get a smooth sauce bring to the boil and simmer for 7/8 minutes, then stir in the shredded spinach and season with salt and white pepper.
- Flake the fish into a baking dish, sprinkle cherry tomatoes on top and cover with spinach sauce.
- Mix the cheddar and breadcrumbs then sprinkle over the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through.