This is a very simple recipe for a fish curry with tomato, turmeric & coconut infused with fenugreek & tamarind. It takes a very short time to cook and if you cook it a day before, it will taste even better.
- 600 gms Fish fillets (stone bass, seabass, cod )
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 inch piece of ginger chopped
- 2 fresh red chilly
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of Kashmiri chilly powder
- 1 tbs of coriander powder
- tomato puree 1tbs
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs tamarind pulp
- 6/8 cherry tomatoes cut in halves scallions 3-4 sticks coconut milk 250 ml water 100ml
- Clean and descales the fish remove all the bones cut into in big 60 gms pieces.
- apply some turmeric, chilly powder and salt keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan add fenugreek seeds and wait until crackles add chopped ginger, fresh red chilly and stir for few seconds.
- Add all the dry spices and sprinkle some water over the spices and cook further add tomato paste, coconut milk mix gently add fish put the lid let it cook on a simmer for 6/8 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp adjust seasoning once the fish is cooked add scallions, fresh tomatoes and fresh coriander and serve hot with rice.