Following the Celebrity Operation Transformation food plan? Check out this Rosemary and Lemon Roast Chicken from Week 3.
Serves: 2 (with leftovers)
Portion calories: 500
- 1 whole chicken (1.5kg approx.)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 small bunch rosemary
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC (Fan)
- In a bowl combine crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon butter.
- Place chicken in an oven proof tray and insert lemon halves and rosemary sprig in chicken’s cavity.
- Spread garlic butter mixture on the outer skin of the chicken.
- Place chicken in oven and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Check thigh of chicken with a skewer. When juices run clear chicken is cooked.
- Steam potatoes until tender.
- Place in a bowl with 2 tsp butter and mash together.
- Steam chopped carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to steaming carrots and steam for 3 minutes.
- Serve roast chicken with veg and potatoes. (serve 100g cooked meat per person)
Note: Refrigerate leftovers for tomorrow