Following the Celebrity Operation Transformation food plan? Check out these zesty chicken drumsticks with a side salad from Week 3.
Portion calories: 370
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
For the Marinade:
- 1½ tbsp tomato ketchup or tomato purée
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- Black pepper, to taste
- 25g spinach leaves
- 25g mixed greens
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and season well with pepper.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the bowl and stir around until all the drumsticks are coated with the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place on the bottom shelf of the fridge to marinate for at least a couple of hours.
- Place drumsticks on baking tray and in cook in a pre-heated oven at 190ºC/170ºC for 25-30 mins until cooked through
- In a large salad bowl, add the mixed greens, spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and toss.
- Serve chicken drumsticks with salad