Following the Celebrity Operation Transformation food plan? Check out this recipe for healthy fish and chips from week 1.
Portion Calories: 550
- 300g cod (2 x 150g fillets)
- 250g potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g peas, fresh or frozen
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 25g plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180 °C (FAN)
- Parboil potatoes for 10 minutes. Remove from water and cut into chips when cool .
- Toss the chips in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and place on baking tray and cook for 20 - 30 minutes approximately until golden.
- Set up 3 plates, the first with flour, the second with the beaten egg, the third with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the cod fillets firstly into the flour, then into the beaten egg and then cover it breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the baking tray, lay the fish on the tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning over half way through.
- Place peas in pot of water and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes
- Take the chips out of the oven and serve with the fish fillets and peas