Following the Celebrity Operation Transformation food plan? Check out this Nutty Fried Rice Bowl from week 1.
Portion Calories: 450
- 300g broccoli florets
- 300g mushrooms, quartered
- 80g wholegrain rice
- 25g unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds – optional
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 90 ml cold water
- Ground black pepper to season
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Add 1 tsp oil to a wok or a deep pan over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Remove from pan to a warm plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and add cooked rice, cashew nuts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beaten egg and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms back into pan with 1 tsp of soy sauce and season with black pepper
- In a bowl combine remaining soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and water.
- Serve, drizzling rice mixture with peanut butter dressing.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds, if using.
For more info on all things Celebrity Operation Transformation, check out www.rte.ie/ot