Learn how to make Donal Skehan's Tomato, Spinach, Chickpea Angel Hair Soup.
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 400ml passata
- 1 heaped tbsp red pesto
- 250g angel hair pasta
- 150g frozen spinach
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- A good handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Virgin Olive Oil to garnish
- Add the stock, passata, pesto and pasta to a pot and bring to a steady simmer.
- Cook until the pasta is done (approx. 12 minutes).
- Just before the pasta is cooked stir through the chickpeas and spinach.
- Serve with fresh basil and shavings of Parmesan cheese.