Learn how to make Donal Skehan's One Pan Chicken Cacciatore.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 150g baby potatoes, sliced in quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 350ml passata
- 75g mixed olives, stoned
- A small handful fresh basil
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Crusty Bread
- Place a large casserole over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces all over before browning in the casserole on all sides.
- Add the onion, potatoes and pepper and fry for 4 minutes until the onions are just tender. Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme and fry for a further minute until the herbs become aromatic.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to a steady simmer, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add in the passata and olives and bring to a steady simmer over a high heat, cooking for 8 minutes or so until the sauce has thickened.
- Once cooked, serve in deep bowls with crusty bread and basil.