The preparation for this dish can be done several hours in advance and the dish is good served straight from the oven or at room temperature.
The preparation for this dish can be done several hours in advance and the dish is good served straight from the oven or at room temperature. The cauliflower in this recipe can be replaced by the exotic looking green cauliflower called romanesco.
- 1 head of cauliflower, green leaves removed
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons of cumin seed, roasted and ground
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons stoned and coarsely chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- Separate the cauliflower heads into florets and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced onion, roasted and ground cumin, lemon zest, salt and pepper and enough olive oil to glaze the vegetables.
- Place on a roasting tray and roast for c 30 minutes in a preheated oven, 200c / 400f / gas 6.
- The cauliflower and onion should be well coloured and tender. Don’t worry if the onion gets quite caramelised, as this will just add to the flavour.
- Turn the vegetables once or twice during the cooking and serve on a hot serving dish with the final scattering of chopped olives and coriander.