Who knew bananas would work as such a super base for a healthy ice-cream treat? No trekking to the shops – this is made with food you probably have at home and it's ready in minutes.
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 250g strawberries, frozen
If you want to make your ice-cream extra snazzy, you can use these optional additions:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla – lovely if you have it!
- 100g yogurt (any yogurt is fine – plain, vanilla, greek, soya, goats, strawberry, etc.)
- 50mls cream / coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pink Candy Melts
- Freeze-dried Strawberries
- Chopping board
- Freezer bag & Freezer
- Small food processor
- spatula/spoon to scoop out
- Food Styling
- Ice lolly moulds
- Microwave & bowl
Who knew bananas would work as such a super base for a healthy ice-cream treat? No trekking to the shops – this is made with food you probably have at home and its ready in minutes.
They make the perfect base for ice-cream, don’t have an overpowering taste and makes creamy, rich ice cream thanks to its high pectin content.
Also, for all you parents who are doing a great job with allergies this recipe can be vegan, gluten-free, dairy-allergic, and has no added sugar diet.
- Peel, chop and freeze the banana in a freezer bag for at least 2 hours
- Blitz the bananas, strawberries and other optional ingredients you may have chosen in the food processor until smooth.
- Pour into ice lolly moulds and set for 1 - 2 hours in the freezer.
- When frozen - melt the candy melts in the microwave and dip the ice lolly in and sprinkle on some freeze-dried raspberries.
- For soft serve - just scoop out of food processor and enjoy. For a scoopable ice-cream pop back in the freezer bag in the freezer for about an hour or two.