Kenneth Murphy's Thai Soup from Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 1 ltr stock – chicken or fish
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 2 lime leaves
- 30g galangal (fresh ginger) sliced
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 tsp. chilli paste
- 110g mix wild mushrooms
- 1 tbsp.fish sauce
- 1 fresh plum tomato - chopped
- 8 medium sized prawns
- 2 limes - juice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 1 red chilli – sliced (garnish)
- Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat in a saucepan
- Add the lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, onion and chilli paste, simmer to let the spices infuse into the broth.
- Add mushrooms, tomato, fish sauce and prawns, cook until the prawns are tender
- Remove from the heat, add coconut milk, lime juice and garnished with fresh coriander, add extra chilli to taste.
Note: The lemongrass and lime leaves are for flavour, so should be avoided when eating the soup