Kevin Dundon's sesame crusted chicken with a soy sauce from Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- salt and black pepper
- 100g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 100ml rice wine or mirin
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 50g Beansprouts
- Rocket leaves to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. In a bowl combine the sesame seeds and chilli flakes, set aside until required.
- Butterfly the chicken fillet and season with some salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the sesame seed and chilli flakes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the chicken and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, the place the pan in a preheated oven for 5 – 6 minutes until cooked through.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by combining the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken with some shredded cabbage, rocket and beansprouts with the sauce on the side.