Kevin Dundon's Roasted Spicy Prawns dish from Today with Maura and Dáithí!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 24-30 king prawns, cleaned and split
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 50g butter
- 100g breadcrumb
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper
- a few drops smoked tabasco
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- 100g Salad Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/440°F
- In an oven safe sauté pan, over medium/high heat, warm a tablespoon of olive oil, add the prawns, garlic, shallots, red chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add seasoning and stir the pan until coloured. Add in the butter and sprinkle the breadcrumb and lemon zest.
- Place in the oven if desired to caramelise the breadcrumb for the next 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine salad leaves with the lemon juice, smoked tabasco and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with spring onions and a few drops of smoked tabasco.
- Serve with dressed salad leaves and crunchy bread.