Eunice Power's chorizo and pasta dish from Today with Maura and Daithi
- Penne with Tomatoes Spicy Sausage & Cream 450g (1lb)
- Penne 25g (1oz)
- Butter 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped rosemary 700g (1.5 lb)
- Tinned tomatoes (14oz)
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar 175-225g (6-8oz)
- Chorizo sausage
- Pinch of crushed chillies 125-175 (4-6fl oz)
- Cream 2 tablespoons
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Extra flat leaf parsley, snipped.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan, add the chopped rosemary and diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and sugar.
- Cook until the tomatoes have just begun to soften into a sauce, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausage into 5mm rounds, add to the pan with the crushed chillies, season lightly with salt, (not too much as the sausage may be somewhat salty).
- Add the cream and chopped parsley, allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the cream has reduced by about half.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside. Cook the pasta until it is ‘al dente’ drain and toss with the sauce, add the grated parmesan.
- Toss again, check the seasoning. Sprinkle with the snipped flat leaf parsley and serve at once.