Lina Gautam visited Today with Maura and Dáithí to make her delicious Chicken Chilli.
- 4 large chicken fillet, cut into small finger long strips
- 2 egg white
- turmeric powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes quartered
- 2 fresh chilies halved
- 4-5 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped ginger
- ½ green, ½ red, ½ yellow pepper quartered
- ½ tsp salt or to your taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- chili powder
- 1 tsp corn flour, mix with ¼ cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon Szechwan pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- splash of lemon juice
- 2-3 spring of spring onion chopped
- handful of chopped coriander
- Marinate chicken in the egg whites, tumeric powder, salt and pepper and put it aside at least for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil, fry chicken for 2-3 minutes or until it gets cooked but not browned.
- Add all the vegetables, salt, chili, Szechwan pepper, garlic ginger and stir with chicken.
- Once onion and tomatoes become bit soft add masala, corn flour, chili powder ketchup, soy sauce, lemon juice. Stir and cook for about few minutes and finish it with some fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with plain rice.