Try Kevin Dundon's Brussels Sprouts with cranberries, caramalisez chorizo & bread this Christmas!
Try Kevin Dundon's Brussels Sprouts with cranberries, caramelized chorizo & bread this Christmas!
- 100g chorizo sausage,
- diced into 2cm chunks
- 50g ciabatta bread rolls,
- cut into 2cm pieces
- 50g dried cranberries
- 500g brussels sprouts,
- trimmed and halved
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the chorizo, bread, half of the butter and the thyme into the food processor and pulse once or twice. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the combined contents into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts and simmer for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sprouts to a bowl of ice water. This is important to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large, heavy, non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Add the chorizo and bread mixture and cook, shaking the pan frequently to colour and caramelise the bread and chorizo. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the mixture from the pan to a small bowl and add the dried cranberries.
- Return the pan to a high heat and add the sprouts. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly coloured. Season with salt and pepper and add the remaining butter. Stir in the chorizo mixture and toss to combine briefly. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of SuperValu Good Food Karma Project ambassadors.